Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Rilke Rewrite/

I chose Blank Joy by Rainer Maria Rilke
My version of his writing might not be the same meaning that he gave in his writing, but like i said, it's my own version!



Blank Joy
She who did not come, wasn't she determined
nonetheless to organize and decorate my heart?
If we had to exist to become the one we love,
what would the heart have to create?

Lovely joy left blank, perhaps you are
the center of all my labors and my loves.
if i've wept for you so much, it's because
i preferred you among so many outlined joys.


My Version Without a Title :)
No response from my calling.
My heart left with none of you.
If you had to be your true love,
would their heart long for yours?

The joy for you to love me back.
The blank part for you in my heart.
I reached for you, no other love.
For you, my happiness, my joy,
and I only caught air.



Well, it's the time of the night where my eyes feel like 1000-pound weights and i still have books to read, handouts to complete, essays to write and everything else that will kill my soul.

Quote of the day:
So come on and fly with me as we make a great escape - Down; Jay Sean


No comments:

Post a Comment