Saturday, September 19, 2009

New Year/Choke/..Back to New Year

Happy New Year!
you're probably like, why is she saying this?
Well, it's Rosh Hashanah!
yes, i'm a jew :)
you're probably like, really?
yes, where do you think i got these jew curls from?!
exactly.

well, i just sipped some diet coke after chugging down a couple twizzlers (talk about lunch), and i choked. i thought i should share with all you bloggers.

anyways, i'm celebrating the holiday with the family tonight.
why am i excited?
my cousin became very involved in photography over the past few years, and she's made some friends in the business. she showed a couple of photos to this dude, half of which were mine, and he said that i am a very talented teen. he would like an intern at his studio to take portraits of kids. major tips involved. i'm meeting him tonight, and we're going to see when and how we could do this, since the studio's in west babylon.

oh, and of course i want to see my cousin that has ten more tattoos than his age, him being 29.
and my aunt that complains that i dye my hair every time i walk in a room.
My uncle that blows in my ear when he says he has to tell me a secret.
I get to see the rest of my band, and preform a show for the television in a stadium called Rock Band.
i get to see the rest of my loving, caring, competitive, loud, family tonight too.

i wonder if i'll continue the Hebrew religion when i have a family. i was raised christian, but my mom is still jewish. I'm not sure what i'll continue, but i couldn't help but think about it.


three cheers to crazy families,

ashleycoppolino

3 comments:

  1. That's so cool about the internship! congrats!

    and that's an interesting question about the judaism thing because I was not looking forward to this weekend at all with my grandparents (who are very religious) but although I'm not sure how much I believe, that could change when I have a family. Only time will tell...

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the congrats, but it didn't work out.
    i didn't ask my mom when i set p the inern thing, and so i don't have a ride out there, so it didn't work out.. :(

    you're right, nicole. only time will tell..

    ReplyDelete