Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Book Presentation.

I'm not sure why presenting is my fear, but it is. I've always tried to overcome it, and I thought i did a good job at it, but I guess not. Getting up and improvising in front of a crowd should be scarier that talking about a book you've read to the class, but it wasn't like that at all.
What ruined my presentation:
1. No eye contact
- I basically looked at the sheet of paper I had the whole time.
2. Using 'like'
- 'like' is a bad habit that I have picked up on, and it's a challenge to stop saying it.
3. Being completely nervous
-I was so nervous that I made the book sound boring and that people wouldn't like it.. but it's totally opposite!
The list could probably continue.
I couldn't see my face as I was presenting, but I'm pretty sure I was beat red.
(if you are interested in this book, it's called The Mind's Eye: Writings on Photography and Photographers by Henri Cartier-Bresson)

from the nervous presenter,
ashleycoppolino

No comments:

Post a Comment