Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Book Binding Day Two

Karl came back! I was surprised that he was willing to survive another couple of hours with us since he figured out that we are looney. Today we added covers to our books. Before it was just plain paper with string holding it together. But today it's amazing. We used this really cool thing to hold it together -Elmer's Glue- and after gluing on the cardboard cover, we added this black paper to cover the book, which makes it look official. I LOVE IT! Karl said that our first book is like an experiment on how we'll make the next one, and I tortured this book a lot with holes, tears, glue, mistakes, and more, but I'm excited to just hold my first finished handmade book in my hands, no matter how its appearance is. Hopefully the next time we do the book making process, I won't need to ask Karl every second to see if I did it right. But if I didn't ask, I knew I'd do something wrong, which Cassie knows about.. (: When we meet with Karl again, I will have my book complete. Book Binding Day Two was a success!

No comments:

Post a Comment