Thursday, April 15, 2010

Book Binding & Peanut Butter?

Book binding is cool! I was originally in the acting class, but I've always wanted to make a book for myself. I love how we made the books with plain paper and the edges aren't straight, they look like they were freshly cut, which is my favorite part. We had to make signatures, which are sections of the book, and I made three of them. So my book is 16 pages that were folded in half, which makes 32. Threading the needle and sewing was very challenging. You had to thread the needle, which was pretty big for a needle, with twine, and punch holes through the pile of paper. But Carl said the inside has to look better than the inside, which made me restart a couple of times. I didn't stab myself though! Ilana did.. twice! (: And Cassie, well, Cassie messed up.. a couple of times.. but it ended up alright. (:
I can't post about Book Binding without talking about peanut butter. Well, not actual peanut butter, but Carls accent. I've always wanted to hear a english person say peanut butter because it just sounds amazing, based on what people say. Do you believe that there's no video on youtube of a english person saying peanut butter? It's ridiculous! But Cassie asked Carl to say it, and i practically died. And before the day was over, I asked him to say it again. It was the best two words of the day, actually, the week.
And besides making my week with peanut butter, I made a book!
the girl without a English accent,
-ashleycoppolino

2 comments:

  1. 64 pages, because each page has 2 sides. That's a LOT when you think about it, for a beginner's book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOnderful post - full of humor and life. Karl is a great guy.

    ReplyDelete