Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Book Binding Session Three

Today we had ot think of ideas for our book making project.
It may not have seemed like I did a lot, but looks can be deceiving.
My idea: A book for my 365 project.
I thought of putting one picture per page, but buying 365 sheets of paper is going to be a challenge.
So i thought of putting two pictures on a page. I love the idea, but I bought paper already and wrote my name on the book, so there's no way I could return it and there's no way to solve my problem of not large enough paper.
But, two photos fit. It's not what I wanted, but it's what I'll compromise for.
The cover of my book is going to look like a calander and then in the center it will say 365 with my name below.
I decided I'm going to make a book that is looped. I don't know the proper term for it, but I want a metal piece to loop through the pages to hold the book together.
I decided it that way so it will be like a 365 flip book of photos.
On each page will be two aligned photos which are measured to be centered and above the photo will be the date and the number out of 365 that day was. For example, "1/365: January 30, 2010". Below the photo will be the little blurb from that day. For example, "I started this day off with a fresh shower to start my 365 Project!" I want to hand write all the writing parts in this book to make it 100% mine.
Can't wait to have another session with Karl!

No comments:

Post a Comment