Friday, February 26, 2010

My Daily Practice: 365

I don't usually finish what I start, but I want this to be different.
So, I've been watching 'The Buried Life' on MTV and it had me thinking about life. It had me thinking about how time flies by and you don't even know it. I've been trying to put together a list of things i want to do before I die, and this 365 is on it. I can't mess up and not take a photo one day, because that means that I've screwed up the 365. I want to complete this. I want to be able to cross this off my list.
I'm not sure what is intriguing about this. It's basically taking a photo of yourself a day. Actually, that's all it is. But it seems like so much more to me. It's like a summary of my day. I show my emotion in a photograph, and by the look on my face, you can tell a little about me.
And going back to my fascination on time, this project is perfect for me. I associate my day with my photograph, and it shows me what I was doing at the time. And i'll be able to look at these years in the future and see what I liked. I don't know, it's just something I like to do.
This 365 isn't a hassle for me, and I'd love to keep it up for longer than just 365 days.

today was day 028! check out my 365 from day 001 to now.

-ashleycoppolino

No comments:

Post a Comment