Tuesday, February 2, 2010

What Have I Done In The Semester?

I feel like my first day of tenth grade was last week. When actually, it was about five months ago. Time flies. Half way into the school year, Luke hit us with a question that really made me think, 'What have you done in the semester?'. Well, i couldn't really come up with anything extraordinary. I wanted to impress myself and say that I've accomplished something great, but i couldn't even do that. And this is where I plan to turn that all around.
I'm done with slacking, and believing my stupid choices now won't effect me in the future. I know I'm young and all, but the choices I made six years ago effect me now, and I can't imagine what it will be like this time around. So, i decided to set rules for myself. Rule #1: Don't break the rules.
I know I'll end up breaking them eventually, but I want to think positive, you know, have a little faith in myself.
I also thought of Luke's question not as what I've done, but as what can I do. I want to follow my New Years Resolution and start me make change in my life. I want to be able to look back and say, 'Wow, I did that.'
I know it's corny and all, but I don't really care. It's what I want and I'm going to really try for it.

once again,
ashleycoppolino

No comments:

Post a Comment