Thursday, September 23, 2010

I had a dream.

It's 9 pm. I just took that afternoon nap that has nicely fit its way in my schedule every day of the week. & I had a dream. No, not the kind that Martin Luther King, Jr. had, but just a dream. It was about all the evils of the world being lifted and put in my possession. I guess you could use the term "normally" loosely, but normally people have dreams involving good news or something scary like falling off a cliff, but having all the evils in the world handed to you is not your typical afternoon dream.
I don't know why I remember this dream so clearly. I remember the faces that handed me each bad problem, it was like it happened in real life. The people were so unexpected. I know I have seen them before, I had to. They were the people I felt bad for, like cancer victims, less fortunate people than me and others; they all came to me.
It's not like I go out looking for trouble every day. It pretty much knows my address. Having all these problems on me, people looking at me for the cure to cancer, the money to fund children's educations and a family looking for food.. it was overwhelming that it didn't feel like a dream.
Here I am, after my reviving nap on a comfy sofa with a fuzzy warm blanket, and I lay here without answers for anyone. I can't even help myself these days.

-ashleycoppolino

1 comment:

  1. The beginning kind of sounds like Pandora's box in reverse ha.

    I get what you mean though. People come to you for advise. You to listen to their problems, but you can't fix your own so how are you supposed to help them?

    I used to always try helping people and I was really good at it. One day I kind of got fed up though. I started being selfish and wanting people to listen to me for a change.

    Selfishness has such a negative connotation, but it's not necessarily bad to focus on yourself once in awhile. I hope you find your answers(:

    ReplyDelete