Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Taking Kontroll.

The first time I watched Kontroll, i was hung up on the subtitles and had my hands in front of my face because i knew it was going to get gory. Bt watching Kontroll for the second time was a lot better. I knew the story, and i was familiar with the subtitles, so i was able to focus on the actual movie. For example, i noticed that the camera was like a follower to the actors. It wasn't very choppy. The camera followed the actor and picked up on the hands, feet, surroundings, etc. The first time I watched it, i was terrified about the gory images that were going to appear. But this movie didn't actually show any. Yeah, you heard the control guy cut the passengers throat, and you see people being pushed in front of the train but not watching them be killed, but you didn't actually see any gory scenes.
When I see movies, i just SEE them. But this was all new. I was interperting Kontroll. I had thousands of unanswered questions, which i kind of liked, but it's a bit annoying.
I think the movie was even better because it was in Hungarian. Hungarian sounds so cool. If it was in English, i don't think it'd be as good.
These were questions running through my head, but i later learned that that have a mythical answer or another answer you wold have to interperate to figure out.
why was she a bear?
why did Bulcsú's nose bleed?
why did the lights go out before the pusher pushed someone?
who was the pusher?
why did Bulcsú sleep on the platforms?
was it meant to feel like there was no sense of daylight?
why is there a party in the train station? (like, i can't imagine that in new york city..)
why did Bulcsú call Béla "uncle Béla"?
i could go on forever.

over all, it was an awesome movie.

Oh, Luke! I tried googling nasty pumpkins, and I had to try really hard to find one that looked worse than yours. IT was from some site that said "we buy ugly pumpkins".

2 comments:

  1. My pumpkin is worse. Nothing beats my pumpkin.

    A good post. Now - what does Kontroll tell you about you? Assume Nimrod Antal made the movie to send you a message - what does he want you to know?

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's only ugly because it's asymmetrical ^_^.

    ReplyDelete