Monday, October 26, 2009

Fast Film Making 101

Film making isn't easy. You have this high definition picture in your head of a scene that you want to film, but it turns out to be two people standing under a tree.
I'm not sure about anyone else, but i thought it was pretty difficult to film this particular movie. I was the camera person, so i wasn't actually speaking any lines, but i did have ideas. My group and I had very different ideas. We didn't exactly have all our ideas merge together, but we had no choice but to make it merge because of our 60-minute time frame.
I thought the 60-minute filming was a good idea because it kept us on point and didn't leave any time for goofing off. It was a little difficult to keep six people on task, but we made it through!
Also, because six different people had to come together and pick a theme, setting, scenes, casting, lines, etc., we didn't share any similar ideas. For my group, our video was about finding a car in the parking lot, but some of the member wanted it to be a bike. A tiny decision like that is an example of the conflicts that we had.
Overall, the whole idea was fun, and for me, it was sort of like a goal. I wanted to complete the video and watch it. I know i didn't make the best cameraperson (I swear, the camera turned on and off when it pleased!), but when i watched the video, i pictured my group members and i running from the front to the back of the school constantly and asking three librarians over and over to film a 17-second scene.
I most definitely want to continue this. I would love to try being serious. The non-editing saved a lot of time, but was definetly a struggle. In the future, i would like to edit videos, or i should say to learn to edit videos. I'm not to boss at it. I'm not sure why i used the word boss.

-ashley coppolino

No comments:

Post a Comment