Saturday, April 28, 2012

I need to have a post on Andy Warhol.

Andy Warhol.
The documentary clarified a lot that I didn't know about Warhol.
What I love about his work is that it's so distinct that you're able to tell right away that it's him. It also brings something that everyone has in their kitchen cabinet, like a can of Campbell's soup, and makes it art. Those are two of my three favorite things about art: distinct style and unintentional masterpieces.
The third thing I love about art is what we all know about me. I love photography.
I almost fell out of my chair when I realized that Andy Warhol is actually considered a photographer. His Marylin Monroe pieces were photographs. I don't know why it never hit me before. But when it hit me this week, it felt like a bus charged at my brain.
Andy Warhol has always been one of my favorite artists. In fact, one of my favorite quotes is one that he said: "The best thing about a picture is that it never changes, even when the people in it do." Only now did it just realize as I was typing his quote, it makes complete sense that he's a photographer.
The documentary was more of an eye-opener than I expected. I don't exactly know what I thought Warhol was before the film.

-ashleycoppolino

1 comment:

  1. So, are you rediscovering your love for photography ya think?

    ReplyDelete