Friday, September 9, 2011

a blank wall in need of lovin'.

The blank wall was blank for too long.
I wanted to re-do the murial, mostly because I wanted to be on the wall and be recgonized.
We didn't do the murial, obviously, but I did make it on the wall and I am recgonizable.
Starting off with out names and branching out to what we love give a visual perspective of what we keep in our brains. In our minds, we know what we love, and why we love it, but without conciously thinknig about it, you wouldn't think about what you love and why you love it continuiously to form this web.
That's why I found this assignment intriguing. Turns out that I love music because it's memorable. But I actually love music because of the voice, and i love voice because it's honesty, and i love honesty because it's expression and then a couple of branches later, i end up at memorable.
In a weird way, it makes me think about if my brain was a museum and I was taking a tour. I don't know, it was just one of those activities.

-ashleycoppolino

3 comments:

  1. "My brain was a museum and I was taking a tour"

    Something about that is so true. Our unconscious brains tell us more that we might think they do. Sometimes I've found in art that unconscious thinking is very rewarding, surprising and logical, just like you have discovered.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah! i totally agree. the confusing part is that i had to be concious to realize the unconcious is better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "In our minds, we know what we love, and why we love it, but without conciously thinknig about it, you wouldn't think about what you love and why you love it continuiously to form this web."


    I agree. We all say things. But do we know what we mean when we say them? You really never know until you examine what you say. Without thinking about why we like or don't like something, it's really just an empty statement.

    ReplyDelete