Friday, March 18, 2011

Chinese Workshop is a proper title?

The workshop today was unique. I haven't been in a workshop like this, nor do I think STAC itself has.
Honestly, as we were watching the instructor, I kept thinking that it was easy. WELL, let me tell you. NOT EASY!
She got the tones perfectly as my paper was basically drenched in water. Once I realized I was using too much water, I obviously used less. I'm used to thick paper and hard strokes. That's probably why this was so hard. I usually like the one color painting because of it's simplicity, but I did better with the color.
Honestly, I liked writing the Chinese characters more than the actual paintings. They're so strange since they're foreign to me, but so fascinating to understand. The Chinese culture is more traditional than modern America.
Fascinating. So cool.

-ashleycoppolino

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you got so much out of it. You are right - we've never done a workshop like it. The calligraphy - remember, she said it is considered the highest art form there is, so it is well and good that you should like it so much.

    ReplyDelete