Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Photos on February 15!

This workshop was interesting. We were newspaper photographers! We had tasks that needed to be completed I a certain time frame. The task included the story headline that we were shooting photos for, which is very helpful.
This assignment gave me just a quick glimpse of working as a newspaper photographer. It's not like I have a car and need to drive from location to location.. But I did have to go around the high school, which was probably more awkward than photographing people you don't know and people who expect to be photographed.
I never considered newspaper photography a task, I know photos were taken to be in the paper, but it never occurred to me how they were put together.
It's not a job for the money, but for experience.

-ashleycoppolino

2 comments:

  1. Newspaper photography is demanding in a strange way. A year shooting for a paper, jeez, you will come out of that knowing how to shoot just about anything. If, when you have access to a car, you can swing a newspaper gig, even for a local rag shooting on weekends or over the summer (let me know and I can help you get this) - my god, it would be so so good for you, in ways that cannot be taught in a school.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely. When I turn 17, able to drive, I would definitely do it! I want to!

    ReplyDelete