Friday, October 1, 2010

10/1/10 (First Field Trip For STAC 2010-2011)

There were too many good parts of this trip to mention them all.
Although, I do have a favorite part.
MoMA was having this event where you get the option to scream at the top of your lungs into a microphone. Probably not my favorite thing to do. My heart was racing, as if I was going to do something wrong even though the guard said that's what the microphone was there for. I didn't want to do it. I went up to the microphone, but chickened out (see first photo - totally candid!). But then I got up there, in front of the microphone and screamed at the top of my lungs. To this day, that was the best feeling in the world. It was a large empty space with a microphone and two speakers waiting for people to scream. It was moment changing. (see second photo - screaming super high pitched and loud!)
In the few seconds that I screamed, I felt like no one heard me. I closed my eyes and let out what I held inside for so long. And when I walked away from that microphone, I wanted everyone do scream. I wanted everyone to feel the feeling I felt. It was like my whole body rewinded and restarted. It was so amazing. My lungs felt clear where I could say anything.
After that, I just kept singing words to songs all around New York City. Once again, it didn't feel like anyone heard me. It was like I was singing to myself out loud. But I had a group-Star Fuckers (OOF!) (see photo 3!)- that was there to back me up and support me.
By far, the best trip yet.

-ashleycoppolino

No comments:

Post a Comment