Monday, March 22, 2010

solitarily & shouldn't be.

I'm alone in my house roughly from three o'clock to eight thirty.
That's five and a half hours to myself.
It probably sound amazing to an outsider, but as the one being alone, it sucks.
My parents have their real estate office in Queens and the busiest time for them is the night.
My brother stays out with his friends for as long as possible, which could be eleven o'clock on a school night.
My other brother is dedicated to the fire department. He spends his whole day there spends the night with friends. He strolls in usually in the middle of the night.

I'm very independent at home. I cook for myself, I clean around the house, I take care of my dog, I do the laundry, I complete my homework that can take hours, and the list can continue.
My mom 'trianed' me to take on the 'job of a woman' when I was about seven. It sucks. I'm responsible for most the things in my house because I basically have control. I know where things are because most likely, I put them there.
You're probabaly wondering what my mom does.. most people do wonder. Well, my mom's not in the best condition. My mom has Diabetes. She has back and knee pain. In the past ten years, she has surgery on her hip, back, neck and knee. She was recently diagnosed for Carpal Tunnel, which has to do with her nerves that are squeezed at both her wrists. There's other conditions that I don't know the name of. So I help my mom as much as possible, because I have this fear that she won't be here one day. I'm not very close with my mom, but if I ever lost her, I don't know what I'd do.
Back to solitarily... I'm home alone a lot of my days. I don't mind it because I'm used to being alone. It actually is where I'm most comfortable. But I just want someone to come home so I don't have to be alone. But when someone's hoe with me, we don't interact. I just stay in my room.
I'm pretty sure I'll be solo for a while. It doesn't bother me at all. It's not a concern of mine to be accompanied either.
I like being alone, but I don't want to like being alone. It's good to have people in your life that you want there.


-ashleycoppolino



Anyways, here's my 365 for anyone who's been keeping up.
or
(they're the same, just two different websites)

2 comments:

  1. I like being alone, but I don't want to like being alone. -I gotcha. I'm the same.

    AND I've been keeping up with your 365, just so you know :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so bittersweet! I am not home alone everyday- I take care of my younger brother, but for some reason I get what you mean. Everyday I wait for my parents to get home- even if it leads to us fighting or me waiting till 12. Because this way I know that they are "safe" or even the other way around.

    ReplyDelete