Friday, November 21, 2014

hello, just an update resassuring you that i'm alive and doing well

I don't blog here much at all, but I do come crawling back to my high school online blog when I realize something big or do something big. This time, it's more of just an update on my crazy, happy, funny, busy life.

As a junior in college (and six years after starting this blog) I have found myself in a comfortable position. I currently intern at Nickelodeon! How exciting is that?! It really is. It's a great, great, great internship. Not a day goes by that I don't consider myself one of the luckiest kids (yeah, I'm 20, but I'm still a kid) in the world. I'm treated like a co-worker, not an intern. I don't fetch coffee, excluding that one time I did for Cyma (Nick's president). I have my own desk, go on photo shoots, do red carpet events, see shows before they air, receive presents from networks, and I have fun while doing it. I looked back on my last few blog posts as a senior at Herricks, and I had absolutely no faith in myself. Well, 2012 Ashley, take a look at 2014 Ashley. She's happier than ever.

I have removed some of the closest people in my life because all those years of dealing with other people's nonsense, i didn't have time to create my own. Well, since they're gone, I haven't stopped. And I don't plan to.

I think the real reason I'm writing all this is because I have an interview for my next internship and I'm a tad bit nervous. I also just saw a picture of someone I used to be really good friends with and I realized as she spends endless hours applying makeup, the only thing she has made for herself is a mask. I, on the other hand, made a future.

Well, this brings us to an end. I'll catch up soon!

-Ashley Coppolino

No comments:

Post a Comment