Sunday, November 28, 2010

Thanksgiving Week

Happy Thanksgiving all of you.

This time of the year I start to think about my family- who they are to me and why I love them. I don't have the worst family in the world, and I know they're not the best, but they are mine and I wouldn't trade them for the world. For them, I am thankful.
Obviously my parents, brothers, cousins, aunts and uncles are family, but I also consider STAC a family. We all throw around the concept that we're a big family, but I actually mean it. The people that sit in that room are the only people that actually see my flaws because I let them, they know who I am without me trying to show it. I'm thankful for that.
I thought about it, and Thanksgiving is the holiday which we celebrate because we took away the land from someone else and claimed our own. I don't know how to think of the holiday since I realized that large factor. Now it just seems like a family dinner with overeating. And yes, I'm thankful for that too.

-ashleycoppolino

No comments:

Post a Comment